Dice Fight is an online tournament, organised by our very own James Blore. It provides a regular opportunity for people to play, and a safe place for newcomers to learn the ropes.
Every week we have a different theme, ranging from the strictly fun all the way up to Wizkids competitive formats like Modern, Golden, and Global Escalation.
You can find your local start time and the latest theme below If you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment or contact us.
Dice Fight takes place every Thursday at 9pm UK time / 10pm Slovak time. The next event is:Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
The Golden and Modern card pools are defined by Wizkids here. Basically, Golden is everything ever, aside from a few perma-bans, and Modern is everything since the last rotation. We are currently trialling a third card pool – Silver Age – which is somewhere in between 🙂
To help you identify how competitive each week is, we use a traffic light system:
- 🍏 green is ‘Let’s just have a laugh’
- 🍊 orange is ‘I have a wincon, but it requires 4 characters and an action die’
- 🍅 red is ‘You. Will. Die’.
The upper and lower limits of Orange are obviously subjective, so we developed an orange ban list to help guide you. We often add a few event-specific items to that; the full list is always made clear in the Discord event description. Red events have at most, a very short ban list, and green events have none – you have to self-regulate 🙂
Dice Fight is organised through the Dice Masters Online Discord server, which is home to a very active and friendly community of online Dice Masters players. Click on the link to join.
Once you’re on the server, you can submit your team in the #dice-fight channel by typing
.submit [teambuilder link]
Don’t forget the dot at the start, and please omit the [ ]
You can also use the .register command, with no team link. This is like a placeholder, which shows your interest in the event till you have time to make the team and do the .submit thing. It’s also used for drafts, where you don’t need to submit a team before the event.
The last thing you’ll need is a Wizkids WIN ID – I use the Wizkids system to do the pairings. If you don’t have a WIN ID, you can sign up here: https://win.wizkids.com/player-signup.php
Once you’ve submitted your team (the Discord bot will PM to confirm), come to the #dice-fight channel 10 minutes before the start of the event. I’ll do a roll call to see how many people we have, create a WIN event, and pair you up. We play three rounds of 35 minutes each. If no-one has won after 35 minutes, the current turn should be completed and highest life wins. If life totals are equal, it’s a tie. The whole thing usually lasts 2 – 2.5 hours.
Code of Conduct
By signing up for Dice Fight, you agree to abide by the terms of the Online Player Code of Conduct. Basically, it just asks you to be nice to each other 🙂
Because we know that not everyone has all the dice and cards, and we absolutely encourage creativity, proxies are always allowed in Dice Fight, under the following conditions:
1. Cards may be proxied freely, as your opponent will always have access to your Dice Coalition Team Builder link, which provides all the information they need, without having to squint at your online cards. As a bare minimum, though, you should have clear placeholders for any proxied cards on your mat.
2. Dice must match the energy type and stats of the card you are using. Colours and symbols need not match. For example, you can use AvX Black Widow dice to supplement (or replace) AI Black Widow dice, and either set’s dice could be used with Black Widow: Agent. You could also happily use any bolt action die to stand in for Yawning Portal.
The Mighty Hedgehog himself, Peter Ježko, has created this fantastic tool to help you find the dice you need (you can find the original at proxydice.com):
The Format Directory now has its own page 🙂